FROM THE SCROUNGE
Tuesday, October 8th, 2019
This tuna salad is such an easy go to for lunch or dinner, I’ve been eating this avocado tuna salad for a while now and I figured it’s about time I share it with you all! If you don’t like tuna use chicken or you could even try making a vegetarian version by using chickpeas, quinoa or lentils. I hope this simple recipe helps make your week a little easier!
If you don’t have these exact ingredients, Scrounge with the things you have at home! For example, if you don’t have tuna salad – use canned chicken, rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken or try making it vegetarian with chickpeas, quinoa or lentils. If you don’t have olive oil – use avocado oil. If you don’t have a lemon – try using a lime or do without and add a little more olive oil. If you want to jazz up your tuna salad you can add things like shredded carrots, red onion, dill, nuts, dried fruit, celery, tomatoes, etc. You may end up creating something even better!
*serves 1-2 people
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/8 c Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 4 oz. can Tuna (drained)
- 1 Avocado
- Parsley to garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix together
- Add more salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy tuna salad with veggies like carrots, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers or with crackers, on a sandwich, in a taco shell, on top of a salad, on its own… the possibilities are endless!