FROM EAT WELL WITH SARI
Tuesday, January 29th, 2020
Who else LOVES dips? I am such a fan of dips for an appetizer. They are so delish and easy to pair with both your fave tortilla chips (hey RW Garcia) and fresh-cut vegetables. Plus, they are a huge crowd pleaser! Hem hem – perfect for your upcoming Super Bowl party! I know the Super Bowl is all about wings.. but this is a delicious vegetarian recipe for your party. It is made with simple ingredients and of course, sneaks in some GREENS! This one is easy to put together and is very delicious.
The best part – the CRUNCH! The RW Garcia Mix’t Bag Tortilla Chips are the best addition to this baked dip. I love RW Garcia tortilla chips and they work so well with this recipe. Plus, you can use them to dip too!
RW Garcia has a great variety of gluten-free snacks that I honestly enjoy all the time. They are a snack staple in my house. I love that they are family-owned, use very high-quality ingredients, and are certified non-GMO. To find RW Garcia snacks yourself, check out their store locator here where you can enter your zip code and find the closest store that carries the products near you.
What you need for this recipe:
- Sweet Onions – Yellow onions also work and red onions would also be delicious.
- Spinach – LOTS of it! It wilts down super small. You know I love to sneak in greens.
- Minced Garlic – I use it from a jar, but you can also chop a clove.
- Goat Cheese – I am bias to my fave cheese. Log form works best rather than crumbled.
- Greek Yogurt – Adds that creamy texture for the dip
- Avocado Oil – for cooking. I love using it for high heat cooking.
- RW Garcia Mix’t Bag Tortilla Chips – To crush and sprinkle on top for that crunch factor!
- Seasoning to taste – sea salt and pepper
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, Diced
- 1.50 tsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ tbsp Avocado Oil (or Olive Oil) + 1 tbsp for mixture
- 3 cups Fresh Spinach
- ½ Log of Goat Cheese (Half of a 10 oz log = 5 oz)
- 1 cup Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Crushed Tortilla Chips (I used RW Garcia Mix’t Bag Tortilla Chips)
- Sea Salt + Pepper to Taste
- More Tortilla Chips + Fresh Cut Veggies for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice onion and set aside.
- Heat up avocado oil in a saucepan until hot. Add onion and garlic. Mix for 10 minutes until onion is cooked, translucent and slightly browned.
- Add spinach to the saucepan. Mix and toss until spinach is fully wilted. Turn heat low.
- In a mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, whole milk greek yogurt, and salt and pepper. Drizzle in a little more (1 tbsp) olive oil. Mix well until a thick creamy mixture forms.
- Grease a small baking dish. Add mixture into the dish and spread evenly. Add hot onion, garlic and spinach mixture on top. Spread evenly.
- Crush up RW Garcia Tortilla chips (I did so in a small ziploc bag) and sprinkle on top in an even layer. Option to drizzle more olive oil on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mix everything up so the crunchy tortilla pieces get spread out! Serve hot with more tortilla chips and fresh cut vegetables.