Chocolate-Peanut Sweet Potato Christmas 'Bark'
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick silicon baking sheet. Then arrange all of your Sweet Potato crackers in a single, even layer across the baking sheet.
- Add sugar, butter, and peanut butter to a medium-large saucepan (keep in mind the mixture will expand as it cooks) stirring together as it comes up to temperature. When mixture is fully boiling, stop stirring and allow to boil for three minutes.
- Carefully pour the boiling mixture over the crackers and put in the oven for five minutes (keep an eye on it so the mixture doesn't burn)
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips over the top in an even layer (butter mixture will still be liquid). Return pan with chocolate chips to the oven for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and using the back of a spoon or offset spatula, smear the chocolate chips into an even layer of chocolate across the top.
- Slightly crush the M&M's and then sprinkle upon the top of the mixture.
- Let cool on the counter for roughly 20 minutes. Place into the freezer for an hour and then break apart into small pieces. Enjoy!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 30 servings
Learn about the story behind the recipe
BY DILLON DRAPER