Crispy, Crunchy Chili Carrot Corn Toast
- Toss the corn and carrot in a little salt and black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender
- Toast the 2 slices of sourdough or use freshly baked sourdough (the best!)
- If toasting, allow it to cool down and spread on a thick layer of the chili-carrot cashew cheeze
- Top the toast with the roasted corn and carrot
- Finish off the with a generous sprinkle of the corn chips
Learn about the story behind the recipe
FROM CONNIE LEUNG
Thursday, August 6th, 2020
Looking for something to mix up your morning toast routine with? Or let’s be honest, ANYTIME toast routine? Try out this deliciously colorful Carrot Corn Toast from the toast mastermind Connie Leung!
You’ll need one important vegan staple to tie this all together: Cashew Cheese. The awesome folks over at Spread’Em Kitchen Company have an amazing selection, but for this toast we’re grabbing the “Chili-Carrot Cashew Cheese”. It’s just creamy and sweet enough to offset the spicy, tangy crunch of all the other stars in this dish.
To start, simply toss the corn kernels and your carrot chunks in a little salt and pepper. Then, spread them out on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 350 or roughly until their tender (this is more of a preference).
While those are baking, get your sourdough cut into slices and toasted. For best results, use a freshly baked sourdough!
Once toasted, let slices cool down just a bit before applying a generous layer of the Chili-Carrot Cashew Cheese. Next, top the toast with your roasted corn and carrots. Now for the final crunch factor, sprinkle on a helping handful of (you guessed it) RW Garcia Organic Yellow Corn Chips.
That’s it! Now enjoy your Cripsy, Crunchy Chili-Carrot Corn Toast (just don’t try to say it fast 5 times)!