Easy Guacamole Recipe with Dippers
- 2-3 ripe avocados.
- 1/2 of a red onion.
- 2 Roma tomatoes.
- 1/2 of a bushel of cilantro.
- 1/4 of a fresh lime.
- 1/4 of a fresh lemon.
- 1 Tbs spoon of finely chopped fresh garlic (if you don’t have, use garlic powder).
- Tiny bit of fresh jalapeno (use as much as you want, depending on how spicy you want it).
- Dash of salt and pepper.
- *Optional add ins that were suggestions from my friends: Mango, chopped hard boiled eggs, can of Rotel tomatoes, garlic powder, fresh cracked pepper, Kosher salt, shredded cheese.
- Remove skin and seeds from avocados and mash in bowl, still leave a little chunky.
- Dice onion and garlic and add to bowl.
- Cut tomatoes to small cubes and add in.
- Remove stems from Cilantro and tear leaves up into small pieces and add in.
- Squeeze juice from 1/4 of a lemon and 1/4 of a lime into bowl.
- Add a tiny bit of finely chopped jalapeno.
- Season with salt, pepper and other seasoning to taste.
- Mix and serve.
Learn about the story behind the recipe
We eat at my dad’s house weekly with the whole family and since he has a ginormous avocado tree we have homemade guacamole almost every week. Truth be told, I have never made it. I posted on my Facebook, asking for guacamole (guac) recipes and received a ton of input. Some basic recipes and some crazy ones (like adding dairy and other random ingredients) Tinkering with the recipe to find the one everyone likes is fun and this week I brought a bag of RW Garcia‘s Dippers for the kids to use while eating the guac. The dippers were a hit! They are available at Sam’s Clubs nationwide. *Recipe available on www.momarewethereyet.net. [Read More].
DIPPERS ARE 3 SEED VEGGIE DIPPING CHIPS.
SPINACH & GARLIC, RED BEET & ONION AND CARROT & TOMATO.
The family devoured the dip and the Dippers. My son was upset I was leaving the 1/2 empty bag at my dad’s when we were packing up to head home. I had to let him know I had a second unopened bag of Dippers at home. The guacamole was super easy to make and it is a versatile recipe. I’ll post the way I made it with some recipe suggestions.