- 1 diced medium onion
- 1 diced fennel bulb
- Roughly 1 french loaf (or similar style bread) stale and cubed
- 2-3 stalks celery
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup RW Garcia Lentil & Turmeric crackers (blitzed in food processor will come out to slightly less than 1 cup)
- ¾ cup turkey stock
- 1/3 cup gravy
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon chopped sage
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard seed
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Prep ingredients, cut veggies, cube bread, blitz crackers, preheat oven to 350
- Toss the bread pieces with 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil (reserve the other for veggies), half of the spice mixture, and a pinch of the ground crackers then toast in the oven until crisp (roughly 5-8 minutes)
- Cook veggies down in cast iron skillet in remaining olive oil. Add spices to mixture, cook & stir until most water comes out, roughly 15 minutes. Then de-glaze skillet with white wine.
- In small bowl, mix together melted butter, eggs, gravy, broth and another pinch of the ground crackers
- In large bowl, toss your toasted bread pieces with cooked veggies. Add wet ingredients from small bowl and thoroughly coat before filling into casserole tray. Top with remaining cracker crumbs, bake at 400 for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes, garnish with parsley and yogurt sauce (optional) or more gravy.