Learn about the story behind the recipe
This is a great taco salad recipe that uses RW Garcia tortilla chips in place of the traditional taco shell. It’s easy to put together and very yummy.
- 3/4 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 8-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups broken RW Garcia Yellow corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dollop of sour cream (optional)
- 1 dollop of salsa (or a couple of shakes of hot sauce)
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef or turkey until no pink remains. Drain fat. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, and beans. Heat through. Fill bottom of a bowl with broken chips. Cover chips with shredded lettuce. Top with hot meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Add sour cream and taco sauce, if desired. Makes 4 servings.